Puppets

February 28, 2013

This month Stephanie picked our project and while it was a bit time consuming the results were adorable. We made a set of Old MacDonald puppets with the free patterns found here.. I used the patterns for the main body parts, the ears, and few of the other things I couldn’t very well free hand like the cow spots and feathers. I have a few tips for this if you want them e-mail me or leave a comment I don’t want to bore everyone with the details. I followed her ideas with a few minor touches of my own, here is how mine turned out.

20130228-153906.jpg

20130228-153921.jpg

20130228-153933.jpg

20130228-153952.jpg
This is my 3rd solo sewing project so I am very much a beginner, anyone can sew these. I think my favorite one is the horse and the one I would like to change is the sheep. The most important thing is Ellery thinks they are pretty awesome!

Advertisements

Market Tote

January 31, 2013

The first installment of sewing with Steph I got to choose the project. I probably bit off a little more than I could feasibly do well, but I’m happy with how it turned out. I picked the market tote from the book 1,2,3, Sew. I unfortunately do not have a good picture of Stephanie’s project, but I am guessing she’ll have a post up in the next few days over on her blog.

Here is what the picture in the book looked like:

20130131-210309.jpg

And here is how mine turned out:

20130131-210358.jpg

I used leftover fabric from Elle’s nursery so I spent a whopping $2 on this entire project. I am loving this challenge!! I cannot wait to show you what we are doing for February, I’m having a hard time containing myself.